Friday, December 30, 2011

Special Presents

I can easily say that this year was the best Christmas we've ever had. Not because we got a lot of presents, but because of the sweet family time and gifts that we received that have such special meaning to us. I wanted to highlight a few to remember...
My Parents gave the boys a Red Rider wooden wagon for Christmas exactly like the one my grandparents from England gave me and my siblings when we were young. I LOVE that they continued this tradition and it is so practical and useful to us. The boys love it.
Of course al the men in our house had to assemble it together.

Then we pulled the boys in it to walk to get subs for lunch. They loved it and Fin fell asleep in the wagon on the way home which was hilarious to us.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this on here or not but for months now Fin has "worked" at a place called the Tractor Beaver Hump. It's a place he's made up that sounds eerily similar to John Deere where Pat works. Every day he tells us VERY detailed stories about his boss, his employees, what he did on the forklift, and other funny tidbits. Apparently the place is made out of marshmallows for one. Also, one day they all got off work eary so they coud race zebras and darn it if they didn't all tie in their races over and over again :o) Sadly, we lost Fin's boss this week when he was out in the woods and fell into a baby cheetah pit and died. This is just a few of the MANY stories we've heard about the Tractor Beaver Hump. It cracks us up so much.
SO Christmas morning my mom had everyone open a present at the same time and she had gotten someone to design and MAKE t-shirts with a Tractor Beaver Hump logo. I laughed until I cried.

What an awesome, awesome gift. We were all suprised and Fin was beyond thrilled. Of course we had to take a picture of all of us wearing our t-shirts.

Do you notice anyone extra in that picture?? Anyone at all?
That brings me to the gift I'm most thankful for...
Here's a hint...

That's right, CAITLIN CAME HOME FROM HONDURAS FOR CHRISTMAS! Sarah flew her home as a suprise and we were all shocked. I saw her outside the restaurant for brunch and jumped out of Pat's moving truck screaming, "Cait's home!!". I'm pretty sure the boys thought I had lost it.
It was beyond great seeing her and we were all so grateful to be together for Christmas. I needed my Cait fix to make it until the end of April when she comes home for good. She is such a sweet blessing in my life.

So really, a wagon, a TBH t-shirt, and a long lost sister. Can anyone beat that Christmas?? Praise be to God.

1 comment:

  1. Long time reader, first time commenter. Long live Tractor Beaver Hump! A lesson to all- watch out for those baby Cheetah pits!

    ReplyDelete