Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Making Memories

Finally...9 years in....he get's it.
Pat told me last Saturday morning, "With you I realize it's not about getting a Christmas tree, it's about making memories surrounding the Christmas tree". I know this sounds very sweet and it is. Except it would probably be more sweet if I haven't been shouting this through a megaphone on top of our roof for the past five years whenever it's time to get a tree. And dragging my feet mumbling under my breathe anytime we've purchased one from Food Lion (!) or a gas station (!!) just because it's cheap.
I need to feel Christmas in my heart people!! It's all about the magic.
So this year Pat surprised us early Saturday morning by saying he found a Christmas tree farm close by where we could go cut down our own tree. It was freezing that morning so we bundled up and headed out quickly. Fin and I were the most excited.
This place was amazing! Giant inflatable Frosty as you pull in. Mini homemade doughnuts and cider, free hayrides throughout the farm, free bouncy house and cute playground. I think my head exploded. But then I took this picture that looks like we are in the mountains and my head definitely exploded.

The boys were enthralled that there were trees smaller then them. Giant complex and what not. Welcome to Pats' life. He dwarfs 6 foot trees.

Fin, "Take my picture with this cute little baby tree".

Hayride. O Fin, this could have been such a cute picture if you would have kept your gum in your mouth. I'm on Team Nanny now. I hate gum.



Somebody got hungry mid-swing. When Coleys blood sugar plummets, you run for the closest doughnut you can find.

Baby boy, baby tree.

Love this.


Bringing our tree home. Pat's cutting the netting off with a knife, Fin's doing it with safety scissors, Coley's praising the Lord for fresh trees and family memories :o)

Finished product. Must fix small gap of lights ASAP.



No comments:

Post a Comment