Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Soaking up the time

To be completely honest, this past month has been one of the most trying times in my life. Being so uncomfortable, having constant contractions, sleepless nights with various arms and legs falling asleep, and constantly wondering if today is THE day have taken their toll. I alternate between "please God get her out" to "wait no, I don't want anything to change!". But I've learned I have no control over this and have had to face that daily which may be a hard and tearful lesson to swallow, but apparently I needed to learn it.
I'm grateful for all the love and encouragement from my friends and family. From encouraging phone messages from my dad, to neighbors leaving me sweet treats, to friends dropping by homemade sweet baby girl gifts, I have felt so so loved.
I've also been so grateful for each day I get to spend with the boys as I savor this time of just two, with Cole still being my baby. Pat has also been an amazing supporter and encourager and I'm so proud of the hardworking and selfless man that he is and how he supplies me with chocolate when I'm losing it :) Literally, some nights when I've had contractions all day, he just goes down the street to the gas station and brings home an ice cream bar. It's my love language :)
So Friday is the day we induce unless she decides to come on her own before then. The end is in sight and I can't even imagine meeting her, but I'm pretty sure once I do, we are going to be attached at the hip for a very long time.
Until then I'm grateful for these moments as we wait...

Old school Pink Panther movie night



Finding 42 photos identical to this on my phone. Cant handle those cheeks.



My boys on St. Patrick's day. Fin was more then happy to wake Pat up by pinching him bc he wasn't yet wearing green :)



Dying Easter eggs with the boys. They actually were so gentle with no spillage. Cole was NOT happy that we weren't eating them immediately afterwards. Homeboy loves him some hard boiled eggs.





Fin and Cole are very into making birdie nests or forts every morning which involves taking every pillow and blanket in the house and piling them under Pats desk. I got out of the shower this morning to this view of Cole saying "tweet, tweet I'm a nakey birdie in a nest".


Soon and very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment