Friday, November 15, 2013

Facts of Life

I thought it would be fun to write down some random facts about our family in this stage of life, to look back at one day and remember. Goodness knows it's all a diapers, water cups, naptime blur most days :o)




We live on a cash budget, but nothing makes me happier (and Pat too I suspect) then when he doesn't use our cash on the weekends when he goes and gets us Starbucks. It may sound silly but its like a forbidden splurge that we're not counting or acknowledging. Makes that peppermint mocha taste that much better...


My most frustrating time of the day is getting in the car to go somewhere. God bless my minivan, it has made things a lot easier, BUT for some reason it takes my boys 3 hours to walk 5 feet from the house to the van. There route will include circling the tree a few times, wandering around looking for rolly poley's, walking with one shoe on while the other is in their hand, and just general things to make me want to throw a toddler fit. I admit, I start out calm in the house telling each one directly to walk straight to the car, get in and buckle but it all usually ends with me saying, "SERIOUSLY you have three seconds to get in the car. We are LATE. Buckle yourself and you're not allowed to talk until your buckled and NO I will not help you with your shoe right now, we will just do it when we get there".


Almost every evening ends with the kids in bed and then Fin sneaking out to tell us that Cole won't stop talking to him. We then go in and either spank or threaten to spank and then peace is restored. It's a sweet little family tradition we have ;o)


Pat gets up with Lilah when she wakes up at 6am and hangs with her for a half hour before he has to go to work. He said he turns the lamp on and she will just lay on his chest while he scratches her back. She will NEVER lay on me like this because she's always on the hunt for some nummies. I would be jealous but let's be honest, I'm in my sweet sweet warm bed while this is going down, so they can have their moment :o)


Most days the kids have "room time" while I get dinner ready. They go in their rooms (Lilah included) and can play whatever they want as long as they aren't leaping off the top bunk and they know they're cleaning it up later. I spread a line on the floor of the hall using a spongebob blanket and tell them they are not allowed to cross that line but can play anywhere up to that line. This includes no yelling tattles to me OVER the line. It's blissful and peaceful, but all hell breaks loose if Daddy walks in the door during that time. That line is quickly hurdled over in an effort for tackle hugs.

This fall weather has been so beautiful that we've been outside as much as possible trying to store away Vitamin D for the dreary months. The only way I can do a decent long walk with the kids is I load up Cole and Lilah in the double jogging stroller that has a half flat tire and then Fin drives ahead of us in his gator. It's kind of hilarious to see as we are our own parade, but that gator is awesome; we can do a 3 mile loop with. It's quite the workout for me between pushing the stroller and telling Fin when to stop and start when crossing the streets.

There's a million more random things I can think of but I think these tidbits pretty well sum up where we are at right now. I purposefully did not record stories of Poop-explosions and why on earth can boys not pee in a straight line. Your welcome, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment