Friday, November 22, 2013

Fin and Cole-isms

The boys have been cracking me up lately and I wanted to record a few down before I forget...

We've been doing a "thankful" paper chain every morning where I made a paper chain and every link is something that we are thankful for and then every morning during morning devotions, the boys get to go tear one off and we pray and thank God for whatever is written on that chain. Regardless of what the chain says, Cole starts every one of his prayers by saying, "Frank you Jesus for this bootiful sunny day...". It doesn't matter if it's pouring rainy, he always says the same thing. I love it so much I hope he never learns to say "thank you" the right way :o)
Fin tore a chain off one morning and asked what it said. I said it said "brothers" and that we should thank God for our brothers. He looked at me skeptically and said, "Um, can I trade this chain in for another one, because Cole is kind of a knucklehead..". I laughed SO hard and told him no he could not trade it in. He is such a grumpy old man sometimes.

Every morning when I help Cole get dressed, I pull down his jammie pants and always exclaim "AH WEENIES!". (I know, really mature). I did this like normal and normally Cole giggles but when I did it one morning he knit his eyebrows together and said, "Ummmm Mom, please don't say "AH WEENIES" anymore b/c....Weenies are my friends". Understood.

Fin ran in from his basketball the other day and was So excited. He immediately said, "MOM...I Played SO good. Like SO SO good" and was so proud. I love his confidence. He thinks when he makes a basket that it's called dunking so he said, "I dunked like SO so many times". He tells other people how much he dunks too and they always look so confused :o)

When I went to pick up Cole from the Y this morning, his teacher said that during circle time Cole kept leaning over to the boy next to him (who is is friend from church) and kissing him on the cheek. Finally after 3 kisses, the teacher said, "Ok Cole,that's enough kisses" and he said Cole got SUCH a mad look on his face and said, "TEACHER, I have to kiss my friend!". We're hoping he either phases this stage out...or becomes a Quaker :o)

Pat was talking to Fin after his game the other day and said, "Fin there are three things I want to tell you... 1) You played your hardest and that makes me so proud of you. 2) You listened so well to your coach and that makes me very proud too. And 3).." And Fin interrupted him giggling so excited and said, "I LOVE number three...it's always the best one". Kind of threw Pat off and I'm pretty sure he forgot what number 3 was in the first place...


These boys always keep us on our toes. Heaven help us when Lilah starts talking...

No comments:

Post a Comment