Sunday, December 8, 2013

Split 'Em up Date night: Frozen edition




One of my favorite things we do as a family is intentional split em up date nights. I've blogged about several before but tonight was such a fun one.
Usually Pat will take Fin or Cole and I'll take the other two and we'll take them on individual errands or little fun dates to Barnes and Nobles to read books or something like that. I never do just the boys because let's be honest...a nursing babe and mom are not soon parted.
But for awhile I've been DYING to see the new Disney movie 'Frozen' because I have such sweet memories of going to see the new Disney movie every year as a kid with my parents. The Lion King...Little Mermaid...love them all.
Spur of the moment I bought tickets today for this afternoon to go see the movie with the boys and Aunt Banans. It was rainy and freezing today and I knew if we all stayed at home we would drive each other crazy. I nursed Lilah before we left and off we went.
True to tradition of growing up, when we met Anna there she immediately stuffed two bags of candy in my purse to sneak into the movie theater. We found our seats and Cole immediately folded in half in his and then either sat on the edge of his seat with a scared look or stood up for the next twenty minutes before he settled into Anna's lap for the movie.
The boys loooove going to the movies and are so tickled at everything but bless them, they CANNOT whisper to save their lives. Every comment of "WHEN IS THE MOVIE STARTING?" or "I DROPPED MY WATER CUP" is whispered at a loud roar which made Anna and I die laughing. After the first preview, Cole looked at me and said, "I liked that movie!". I think he thought that was it :o) He watched the whole move with no expression on his face, neither getting happy or scared and then at the end hopped out of Anna's lap and said, "I love that movie". Hilarious.
Fin felt every crescendo in music, intense moment, and hilarious jokes. He jumped from busting out laughing at the snowman to crawling in my lap at the scary parts to hopping into his chair when the bad guy got beaten. True to his classic old man outlook on life, when he left he said, "You know, I thought that movie was just going to be like "meh" but it was ah.may.ziiiing!". You always know where you stand with him.
The sweetest moments of the evening for me were when we got to the movie theater, Fin announced, "Before we get out of the car let's say, "Thank you mommy for taking us to the movies" on the count of three". Then when we were leaving the movie theater, Cole spontaneously said, "Frank you mom for that movie". Melt. My. Heart.
Had such a sweet time with my boys and Pat took Lilah girl to his parents where his mom could cook him dinner :o) He loved his time with her too and send me a pic of Grandma and Lilah who were coincidentally wearing matching Jammies when they showed up. So funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment