Tuesday, December 17, 2013

When Moms away...


So last night I ran out after dinner to get my haircut. This happens like twice a year people because I'm a "wear my hair like a birds nest on top of my head" person due to baby's tugging and lack of showers. Really, it's all the rage. So I left, had a glorious 50 minutes of no one talking to me except for the hair dresser who wanted to know my life story, and was home in time for the chaos that is bedtime.
After we got the kids down, Pat informed me that there was a moment of pure pandemonium while I was gone. He had just gotten Fin in the shower, and was changing Lilah when he heard a panicked shriek coming from Cole in the living room. Before we go any further, you need to know where our tree is located in our living room...



So Pat runs out as he hears Cole shrill screaming "HELP! I'm stuck!!" over and over again. We have a tiny living room but he could NOT find Cole and it sounded like it was coming from the direction of our Christmas tree. He said he kept saying, "Where are you??" but Cole would only answer back saying he was stuck. In the midst of this, Fin shot like a bat out of hell out of our shower b/c he had heard screams. Naked and dripping wet and starts yelling, "Dad! He's in the tree!! He's stuck in the tree!", so Pat's frantically searching through the tree trying to find Cole with Cole still crying. The common sense of how could a three year old hide inside a small Christmas tree apparently did not come into to play in this scenario :o)
Pat said he was really panicked until he noticed the cries coming actually from the couch. Our coach is pushed up against the wall but Cole had apparently wiggled his way behind it and got halfway across the back before his head got stuck pinned between the wall and the couch and he didn't think to move backwards :o)
Once Pat moved him and calmed him down, he said he was fine. But I was laughing SO hard at Pat telling me this story b/c I could just picture him and naked Fin searching through the Christmas tree branches for Cole. I mean seriously people, this is the type of situation three men get themselves in without the help of a woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment