Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Worst bug I've ever seen...

Poor Coley is just coming out of the worst virus I've ever seen. He threw up for 5 days straight until we finally had to take him into the ER for IV fluids. It was absolutely heartbreaking. He completely stopped talking at all except for "yes" or "no" answers. He would just lie wherever you put him and just sleep or stare at the wall, even being too listless to watch TV. When Cole is too sick to watch Mickey Mouse, we go into full panic mode.


Day and Night he would throw up until he was so incredibly week and keeping no fluids down. Everyday we kept thinking he would wake up and start to perk up but he just kept getting weaker and weaker.


I was actually SO relieved when I finally took him into the ER. He was a trooper and started perking up as soon as the IV started pumping Zofran and fluids into him. My friend Natalie was a godsend and came to keep me company at the hospital and brought me dinner since Pat was home with the other kids. SJ visited as well and it made the time pass really quickly. When we got home, Cole immediately conked out in our bed and later that night when I went to move him and I picked him up, he was drenched in sweat. It was such a shocking feeling for me to feel moisture on him and I was immediately so relieved.


He's gotten his energy back now and we are in Project "Fatten Coley Up" mode. As many calories as we can cram into him in a day, we are. It should be a fun icecream filled summer for him :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment