Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Timeless




Today I took the kids to the park and greenway in the neighborhood that Pat grew up in- Annie Jones Park. We just had the best morning. We went into it with zero expectations, knowing that we may only be there for 15 minutes bc it might be blazing hot. It was actually surprisingly cool and we played on the little park before we went trekking through the woods in search of rocks and creeks.


I used to love walking this greenway with Pat while we were dating and he would point out spots where he would ride his bike in the dark or the bridge where he would hide warm beer under while he was a teenager. The boys were in heaven throwing rocks in the creek and searching for bugs.


Lilah was very offended I wouldn't let her climb off the bridge into the creek to join her brothers. I'm mean like that.


So she settled for pushing her stroller a good half mile down the path.





Fin is a little scared of balancing so I told him if he put his hands up, he would be able to balance better :)





Cole always show his muscles when you tell him he's big.


Pushing your own stroller is hard work.


Being in the woods with my kids just feeds my soul. There is something about getting so much enjoyment over something so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment