Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hello Second Trimester

So long First Trimester. Don't let the door hit you in the...fanny.
While I'm very grateful for all the good growing the baby did in the first trimester, how much it developed, and how the Lord created my body to be able to nourish this little life...that terrible terrible sickness was Bad News Bears when I had two little boys that I wanted to be "normal" for. Cue my dad saying, "but you were never normal to begin with".
I'm now headed into the second trimester with much joy, gaining energy, and only a little nausea. Glory!
For my own record, I took a belly picture which I now love because as I was taking it, Cole walked in and said "Say Cheese!" right as I took it so we have that sweet moment of the two of us, cheesing out. Considering the amount of alone time I get, I'm pretty sure all my belly pics will include one or both of the boys. Possibly even with one or both of them climbing on my head.
Pregnancy Notes:
How far along: 13 weeks
Doctors Appt: Went well, heard the beautiful heartbeat at 177 bpm which according to the old wives tales means we're having a race horse :o)
Funny Note: My doctor sat me down and was concerned about my weight loss and asked me what I ate that day. Not being satisfied with what I told her, she asked what I had eaten the day before. As soon as I said the magic words, "Bojangles", she immediately exclaimed, "Ok I'm sure you're going to be fine. You'll catch it back up eventually". :o) It must also be noted that Pat started to tell her what he ate the day before for some reason, thinking it was what I ate. I had to inform him to stop stealing my spotlight :o)
Praises: My nausea is waning, I feel like my old self energy wise, and I no longer hate every smell. Poor Pat... for 3 months there I was bathing using the most generic odorless soap bc any smells drove me crazy. No perfumes, no lotions, nada. I basically smelled like air. Nothing sexier than a wife smelling like she doesn't exist.
Excitement for: Feeling this babe move. With both the boys I felt them around 14 weeks so hopefully soon! Also, we find out what we're having in a little less then 3 weeks.
Complaints: My only complaint is if Pat puts, "Bob" or "Frank" on the table one more time for baby names, we are going to have serious words. I'm sorry, am I birthing a 50 year old cowboy with dip in his mouth?

We are all so excited. Cole calls the baby, "Baby Will" and Fin gives my stomach "Pound" every morning with his little fist. I feel very joy filled with this life I have.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Especially since Cole is calling the baby Baby Will! Let's do a family dinner this week!

    ReplyDelete