Monday, October 7, 2013

Community

It's one of those perfect cozy afternoons where the 2 little are still sleeping, I got a nap myself (GLORY) and Fin and I are cuddling watching Tom and Jerry while he tells me every detail of his morning in preschool :o)
I have been filled to the brim lately in a good way, where I look around and am so dang grateful for where we are and who we are surrounded by. In Bible Study last week we talked about community and what that looks like being a part of a church body. To be honest, community has never been something I've sought out. Living so close to both of our extended famlies, I've always felt content with our little family, hanging out with our extended families and having 5 built in best friends in my sisters...










I've never been super social and I'm content to be a nester and just chill at home with my homies.


But we finally caved to JD's weekly encouragement to get in a bible study. The Epp's started one in our neighborhood that met after bedtime, so really, our excuses had run out at that point :o) Not that we didn't try to look for more...
But man is there blessing in community outside the family. In the past several months just by getting to know and hang out with several young mothers in Summit and then beginning to get to know the woman in our bible study, I have been so blessed by those friendships and just the day to day "doing life" together.
From bible study cookouts with a million sweaty kids running around and jumping on the trampoline...


To an impromptu "fall food" cookout with good friends; it feels nice to be able to be social with our three young kids because everyone is at the same stage of life as us and tantrums and snotty noses are as common as sippy cups and the sharing of highchairs all around.


It just feels like a very sweet time for our family and I'm so glad to be investing in these friendships. Because really, what friendship is not solid when based on a common love of Jesus and s'mores?



No comments:

Post a Comment