Monday, July 16, 2012

Since we've been back...

You'd think life would be chill after settling back from vacation, but I have not found that to be the case. In the past week, Fin has learned to swim and Cole has been potty training. Neither things I planned, but Pat took Fin to the pool one night and came home declaring him a fish. Cole was hanging nakey on Thursday and said, "I poop" so I picked him up, plopped him on the potty and he peed. And he's been going since. He is actually doing SO well with it and we're officially done with diapers except for sleeping time. Can I get an amen? Although in my opinion diapers are much easier then dropping whatever you're doing and mad sprinting to the bathroom the second you hear "I poop".  So that puts Fin potty trained at 18 months and Cole at 21 months. And mom rocking in the corner with a (clean) diaper moaning, "whyyyy must they grow up".
The boys have been a big fan of playing outside in their little pool which is filled to the top with spiderman bubbles.

I dumped the shoe bucket in the garage out and filled it to the top with water and bubbles and the boys thought it was the coolest thing. I stinkin love this picture.

Our yard was also the hit of the neighborhood when I dragged out our slip and slide and poured baby oil on it. Let me tell you, babies go flying on that thing :o) Funny store how we aquired the slip and slide. Pat took the boys out one night andspent the rest of our cash budgeted for the week to buy a slip and slide on a whim. When I protested, he assured me it was a necessary purchase.

To my horror, Pat began lessons in teaching the boys how to do armpit noises. I will not say "fart" b/c I HATE that word, but the noises were unsettling. Notice the pure joy on Fin's face.


We hit up cow day for the third year in  a row. My mom had the best outfit. I would have gotten more pictures but that place was a madhouse inside. It was like herding cattle to get the kids to their seats. Pun intended.

Saturday night I took Fin on a date to Panera and to walk to aisles at Target to look at the new spiderman toys. I don't know if it's a sad thing or a proud thing but my boys LOVE to walk the toy aisles at Target or Walmart and play with the toys there but they know that we never buy them and bring them home :o) Fin pointed out all the spiderman things he wanted for his birthday and then to cover all his bases he pointed to all the batman toys that he was SURE daddy would want for his birthday presents. Clever Clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment