Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Theology at its finest

Tonight while Pat was bathing a sick Cole, Fin and I were in the kitchen making brownies. Fin out of the blue asked if God can still hear us when He's playing games. Deciding to bypass the topic of if God plays kickball or Go Fish, I told Fin God can hear everything we can say, day or night, good or bad. Fin's eyes grew huge at that one.
"Even if it's really bad, He can hear?", he countered.
When I assured him yes, he had another worse case scenario...
"Even if it's really really bad, like something a robber would say? Like if a robber would come up to you and say...(pause to think of the worst thing he can think of that anyone would say)...like if a robber whispered in your ear, "POOP IN YOUR PANTS"."
Literally, it was ALL I could do to keep a straight face. I could only nod yes and he ended with his final question...
"What if the robber just mouthed "POOP IN YOUR PANTS?". Can God hear that?".
After me reiterating He hears everything, he just said wow and let that soak in.
May his mind always be this innocent and may I improve upon my poker face before the questions start getting harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment