Monday, April 8, 2013

And then there were 5...

As soon as I had Lilah, I was dying to see the boys and have them meet her. Finley had been so SO excited about meeting her and he would always describe it to me as, "I can't wait to come to the hospital, crawl in bed with you and you'll show me Lilah and I'll be so happy and hold her".
A few of my sisters had the boys that day and they brought them to the hospital as soon as I texted them that she was here. Here's our lovefest for Lilah as the boys meet her for the first time...












It may look like I'm upset here but I was actually saying to Fin, "How did you learn how to hold her so well??". He was so proud.




Squishy baby face
















Getting their big brother gifts. Puzzle for Cole and legos for Fin.




Look at those big old baby feet. Daddy's little girl.
















They're in love...








In case you were wondering how Pat's bonded with his first daughter...I'll let the pics speak for themselves...
















So yea, they're pretty smitten with each other.
As have the boys been with their new sister since she's been home...




Fin would hold her all day and all night if we let him...and would lay on top of her...and smother her in kisses. Suffice to say the child would get loved to death by him if we let him. He is giddy in love with her and told me she was his "favorite person in the world" on the second day after she came home. I love the love he has for her.
Watching America's Funniest Home Videos with her.








Cole has shown NO jealousy of Lilah since she came home which I'm very grateful for. He doesn't ask to hold her much but he brings her ALL (and I mean all) of her blankies at once, or lays a bunny on her, or pulls up a chair to talk to her...




Here I caught him on the porch talking to her, "Hey Baby Yidah, what you doing? Talk to me...TALK! Why aren't you talking??". Then he rocked her carseat aggressively to show her love until I stepped in :o) Those two don't really get any "alone time" together and probably won't until Lilah can send out SOS signals.
While there have been a lot of chaotic moments of having 3 kids ages 4 and under, I'm so grateful that the transition of having Lilah in our family has not ben stressful or upsetting to the boys. It's just been one big lovefest in that regard.

Ps- thank you to my sister Nicole for the hospital pics. I treasure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment