Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fin starts Preschool

Well we did it. Almost one month into Fin being in preschool and we are all adjusted and I don't cry myself to sleep every night :o) In all honesty this boy was READY to start his big boy school. He was...I wasn't. I kept thinking to myself, "I don't want to hop on this train". Once the school train starts, it doesn't stop until...I can't even say how it stops b/c it makes me feel like someone punched me in the stomach. But the word starts with a "g" and then it flows into a word starting with a "c" and then I end up whispering in the kids ears as they sleep, "You never have to leave home. You can live here always". Anyways, it's not about me, right?



Preschool morning started as any good morning should start...with doughnuts.


Fin was so excited to dress "sharp" for his big day and kept asking me how many more minutes until we leave. Which then morphed into the conversation of "how long is a minute?" and I"m really hoping Mrs. Amy can help us figure out concepts about time before I pull my hair out from the questions :o)





Don't think this boy let me off easy. The night before preschool, he told me he was going to miss me a lot to which I had to respond in a fake squeaky voice, "No you won't, you'll be having too much fun!". And then the next morning he made me a bracelet to remember him by and asked if we could cuddle in bed before preschool to look at the photo album of his baby pictures. Are.You.Kidding.Me? Apparently we were doing this the most painful way possible. Again, not about me....
That night Pat talked Fin into requesting Waffle House for dinner which was totally suspicious b/c Fin has never been to the Waffle House. The puke in the parking lot should have been our first warning.


Lilah sensed this was a casual establishment and put her feet up.


Even though we're at preschool 3 days a week now, we are still squeezing the heck out of the last summer days.
We're hitting up Jordan Lake...


Working in the yard with dad...


Doing Cousin Park dates...


And eating lots of s'more still.


So I guess we're on the train now. And I would say something positive about that except I'm still kind of struggling with letting any of my chicks out of my sight for three mornings a week like that. Growing pains certainly are painful but I guess they're necessary to avoid having my balding fourty year old son living in my basement. I'm not gonna lie though, I'd totally love.
No I wouldn't.
(Yes I would).

No comments:

Post a Comment