Friday, May 23, 2014


Lilah Jane at 14 months is on the same track as her older two brothers. She is a climbing, dancing, running, tripping, screeching (Oh, the screeching), hi-fiving, open mouth kissing spitfire. She starts the day running and ends each day in a competition with you who can say "night night" last. Seeing as her father and I are two very stubborn people who have created a stubborn person, that game goes on for a looooong time.
When Fin was this age I remember pulling at my hair and thinking, "WHERE did my chill baby go. Why is he so moody and nutso and WHY won't he stay in a highchair at a restaurant". I seriously wondered if he was bi-polar. Now, having gone through this 3 times now, I'm not frustrated, just kind of wishing I liked coffee and kinda super grateful that Jesus invented nap times so that I can sit down :o)
I remember that this is a stage. A fun, exhausting, chasing stage where she is testing each limit to know where it is. And she's doing it while running. So when she's asking for "num nums" every five minutes or saying, "Eh, Eh, Eh" all the live long day when she wants something or freaking out when we open the front door b/c she wants to go outside...I truly am just soaking it all in and remembering how fast these days are flying and that in a few months, she will find her new norm as a little person not a baby and settle in. Here's hoping she does it before our beach trip though because homegirl has a LOUD opinion about sand right now...


















No comments:

Post a Comment