Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kid-isms

Kind of crazy to think I started recording Fin's funny little sayings a couple of years back and now I have 3 talking kids who all say ridiculous and funny things a hundred times a day. Heaven help me with the talking though... Sometimes all three are babbling at me at the same time and I literally cant even form a thought in my head.


Lilah has such a funny little personality to her already. She lives in a very self centered world where anyone and everyone is named "Lilah". If she gives you something (and most of the time she is an Indian giver), she will hand it to you saying, "Dere go Yiyah" (There you go Lilah). She is my little extrovert like Cole and will wave to strangers as we are shopping saying, "Hi, Yiyah! Hi, Yiyah!" (Hi, Lilah). By golly if you're not going to say hi to her, she will say hi to herself. That way she'll never be alone :o)





Cole cracks us up on a daily basis. The boy has a certain flare about him and his imagination is NOT an imagination to him. It is his reality.
He really believes he is a bear because we've always called him "Coley Bear". He has been preferring bare feet lately which I thought was a little funny because he is usually all about wearing his "new basketball shoes" which are now 6 months old and totally beat up. I finally realized the reason for his preference when we were at the park last week and he asked if he could take off his shoes and put on his "bear feet". He thought this whole time that bare feet=bear feet. Pat and I looked at each other and laughed so hard.
He also has the sweetest heart and is constantly picking flowers for me. Everyday I get up to ten flowers. When he's at the Y playing outside, everytime I pick him up he immediately hands me a little crumpled, wilted flower that he's been holding in his hand for an hour waiting for me. It melts me every time. What cracks me up though is he calls these weeds, or dandelions, "food lions". You can guess which grocery store we frequent often ;o) nothing's cuter then him coming up to me saying, "I picked you some Food Lion's mommy".
Cole also likes to take a walk on the wild side when it comes to bed time. He's all about taking risks. Last night I put the boys down with strict instructions to not get out of bed. A half hour later I'm on the couch and I hear their door creak open and Cole's little head peep out into the hall with a grin on his face. I looked at him with my best poker face and he comes flying at me in his huge nightshirt, plops himself on the couch next to me and sticks his little foot out. "Look at these bad boys. My toenails are sooo HUGE". Seriously people, WHO can keep a straight face in response to that. He is so stinkin funny at this stage.


(Yes, he's a pirate here)


Fin has graduated from cute little kid sayings to hilarious thoughtful observations. My favorite thing about him is his innocence. He is always thinking through everything he sees and hears, and let me tell you, he hears EVERYTHING, but its with such a young mind still. Thank you Lord.
Pat the other day was riding with Fin in his truck. Fin had sniffed out that Pat had gum in his truck and asked for a piece:
Pat: Fin you have a nose like those drug sniffing dogs.
Fin: What are drugs?
Pat: (Oh, crap) They are just something that's bad for you.
Fin: oohhhhhhhh, Like Root Beer?
Pat: Eh, a little worse then root beer. That's not bad for you, it's just unhealthy.
Fin: Ohhhhhh I get it.....So, drugs are like cotton candy?


He came out of his room this morning and immediately said, "I know the queen of England is like really really old so I'm confused how she was able to have that little baby Prince?". #1....SO RANDOM. #2......Good observation.


These kids...they may give me my first gray hairs but I think I'm also collecting a lot of laugh lines as well so we'll call it a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment