Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Sodfather

One of the perks of Pat's job is that they don't mind if he landscapes his lawn for free. We had planned for awhile to finally grind up our backyard and lay down sod on Saturday. Unfortunately the morning of, I woke up DYING of the stomach flu. Seriously, I was actually wishing that silly man had been right about the rapture yesterday. The highlight of my day was Fin bringing me soup in bed in the evening and shouting "Happy Mothers Day!". I guess he thought I was living the good life in bed yesterday. I would rather have had my toenails pulled out.
So poor Pat, or 'The Sodfather', as he refers to himself had to tackle this project without my help with it or the boys. Super Aunt Sarah swooped in and saved the day by watching the boys for most of the day which we were so grateful for.

We're pretty happy with how it all turned out. It's so nice to have a backyard the boys can run around and play in now. Pat's about as sore, sleep deprived and dehydrated as they come, but that's all part of the job description in being 'The Sodfather'.

Fin kept putting a large piece of bark on his head and saying, "Look I'm a bug" in a weird monotone voice. Odd child :o)

1 comment:

  1. this is my favorite so far :) so sorry you were sick!! i hope you are feeling better and the yard looks great!

    ReplyDelete