Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

Christmas morning started with a bang. And by a bang I mean Fin came in at 5:30!! We set an app for him on my phone every morning for 6:20 and I had done so the night before but I'm pretty sure Santa intervened b/c his app was telling him he could get up, and I KNOW Fin doesn't know how to change my phone. So we made him lie next to us in bed until 6 which he was very good and patient about.
At 6am, we dragged (Fin bounced) out of bed and went out to see if Santa had come. Fin was sooo soo excited and I actually love that every year since Cole's been born, the boys have gotten up at different times so we can give them all of our attention as they open each gift slowly, instead of it being mass chaos. So we chilled with Fin and watched his excitement and then Cole got up  at 7:15 ( a time that God has blessed) and we did it all over with him.



Hugging his beloved Dreamlight he's been asking for for months. Cole tries to sneak it out of Fin's room every night since saying, "I put it in my room".


I feel badly I didn't get more pics of Cole opening gifts but he's all about his mama nowadays and was perched firmly in what is left of my lap while he opened presents.

Stocking Time. Fin got work gloves so he can work outside with his Daddy :o)


Cole with his "Batman to the rescue" ramp. 


Each boy got a ninja turtle hat. Fin thought it was a mask.


Playing Playdough at their new spiderman table that Grandma got them while Daddy cooks breakfast.


It was such a chill nice morning where the boys played with their toys, Pat read ESPN magazines on the bed, and I attempted to take a relaxing bath with my new bath salts which lasted 5 minutes until Cole threw himself in there with me. "Come as a team, leave as a team" seems to be his motto.
After early naps we headed over to my parents to exchange gifts and eat a delicious meal with the Haighs. I accidentally left my phone at home so I have no pictures from there which I'm really sad about but the highlights for the boys were Fin's Captain America costume that Nanny found for him and Cole's magnetic buggy puzzle from Aunt Sarah that he played with for Oh, I'd say around 4 hours...or whenever we cut him off. The boy did not get those genes from me, this much I know.
We put the boys down early that night and I made Santa rub my feet while we sat on the couch semi-comatose. 
It was a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment