Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve

This year we were going to go out and grab Chinese food as a family for New Years Eve but when Pat unexpectedly got State tickets at the last minute, our plans changed. Pat took Fin for the game and Cole and I hit up Target for returns. I know, we clearly are the life of the party. It was nice to spend one on one with my littlest though.
After Target, Cole and I decided Qdoba was in order. Homeboy can house some Black beans. I'm pretty sure it's because he thinks they are chocolate which I can relate to. At 16, when I saw a pot of black beans for breakfast on a missions trip to Guatemala, I thought I was in Willy Wonka's factory. I was quickly disappointed.


Black Bean Face


Fin at the game. He thinks it is the BIGGEST treat to get a gatorade. Easily pleased.


When the boys got home from the game, we did a New Years Eve toast with sparkling grape juice. In our house 7:30 basically equals midnight.


Funny note: 2 seconds after this photo was taken, Cole yelled "Cheers!" and karate chopped Fin and my's wine glasses and Fin and I were soaking wet. We couldn't stop laughing.


After we excused Cole for bed due to him melting down over a cup of "fresh water", Fin, Pat and I sat by the fire and talked about resolutions and how we could better be the people that God wants us to be. Fin said he resolved to not paint on walls anymore (much appreciated after a November incident I'm still scarred from) and he said he was going to try not to argue with Annie when she comes over. Pat and I tried to keep straight faces. Fin also suggested Pat take up learning how to paint this year as one way to be a better person. I seconded this and said I would GLADLY provide the canvases and paint brushes if he would take up watercoloring :o)

Honestly, I'm so relieved to be at the age where it's not expected to have plans for New Years. I'm not a late night person, I'm a big fan of jammies after 7, and sparkling grape juice taste better then any other drink anyways.

Here's to a new year of having a daughter and loving others better!

No comments:

Post a Comment