Thursday, December 13, 2012

For Lilah...

All semester in Awanas Fin has said a memory verse every week, worn his vest, gotten there on time, etc. to earn Awana bucks to spend at the Christmas store. The sweet leaders at Awanas set up this store with little toys that the kids could go into and buy a few things for themselves with their "bucks". Fin has been so excited about this and it is the ONLY reason that we hauled our exhausted selves out to Briar Creek straight from the airport on Sunday.
When Fin got into the car after Awanas he excitedly shouted, "I got bows for Lilah!". Sweet boy told me he went into the Awanas store, picked out a yo-yo and then saw "beautiful bows that Lilah can wear". He took the bows to check out where his teacher said he might be confused and might not enjoy bows but that he could go back and pick something else out if he wanted. Fin told me he said, "No Mr. Caleb you don't understand, I'm having a baby sister soon and she needs these".
Ok...exahaustion+hearing the sweetest thing I've ever heard= many a tear shed. I was just so touched that he  without a thought wanted to use his money he had earned all semester to get his baby sister some bows.
One of my prayers for Fin is that he will never lose his tender heart that he has shown from the beginning. He tunes in and empathizes very well, I really believe it's one of the gifts God has given him and I pray that he doesn't lose that as he gets older.
If my smothering him has anything to do with it, he'll be fine :o)
So now Lilah has bows from her big brother...cross it off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment