Monday, February 18, 2013

36 weeks-9 months of belly

Full term baby. Feast your eyes and be fearful.



So grateful for 36 weeks of cooking a healthy baby girl but so.so.ready to wrap up this pregnancy gig. I feel peaceful in waiting for the day God has chosen for her to come, but I am also ready to get my body back and have energy!

DOCTOR APPT
Last week, at 35 weeks, I went to the doctor for a routine check up. I brought the boys like I usually do bc they love to hear the heartbeat and the nurses at the office Love them and always say they look like little birds. Cole always responds with, "I'm not a birdie, I'm a coley!".
This appt however, the doc whipped out the old paper sheet and told me she would be doing an internal check and THEN I would have to walk to the lab to give blood. Thanks for the heads up.
Trying my best not to traumatize the boys, we made it through the check ("Stay up by my head!! Finley...3 steps backwards!") and the blood work ("No boys, you are not getting a shot, I am. Yes I promise....look I'm giving blood and I love it! It doesn't hurt at all!). Side note : giving blood hurts a lot.
I don't think any scarring memories were made but I will be appreciative of Pat being there next time. Baby is head down and I was surprised at how progressed I was at this stage so good news all around!

PRAISES
The nursery is done and my house has been nested. My sisters and mom surprised me with a little sprinkle where they gave me the sweetest little outfits. Pat's mom and sisters gave us our car seat so we now have something to bring the baby home in :)
Also I'm so grateful the baby is head down and ready to go.

COMPLAINTS
I'm doing my darnedest not to waddle, but homegirl is sitting low and my stomach muscles are protesting. Also I'm in the stage I was with Cole where the Braxton Hicks are constant, especially in the evening. They are pretty painful and regular and most evenings by 6 or so, I'm counting down the minutes until bedtime so I can get off my feet into a bath. Also, I could write a book about how much I miss sleep, but that's just sad. I get the most painful leg and hip aches all night every night that keep me awake, but I have found that rubbing Vapor Rub on my legs every night does help for awhile. Fine mom, you were right. It cures everything.

So here we are. Waiting and enjoying our time in a male dominant house :) When Lilah's here, the scales will be tipping more in my favor. The toilet seats are coming down boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment