Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines day- family style

I looooved our Valentines day this year. I told the boys that even though we give snuggles and say I love you every day, that this was a fun day to show extra love and enjoy being together. Since we always have family as babysitters, it did not feel right to ask someone to babysit for us...for free...on Valentines Day. So we had a great family day and Friday night Pat and I are going out for a nice meal...and I may get out of my yoga pants (gasp!).
Wednesday night I came home from a pedicure that Pat had gotten for me and the second I walked in the door the boys started somersaulting everywhere screaming, "Happy Birthday!!". Sweet confused boys. They gave me chocolates and flowers on the mantle and then Pat lined them up to do a synchronized dance for me which was hysterical.


Thursday, Pat had presentations all day and Fin kept sighing, "it's just really sad daddy can't be with us today".


We had a full morning of a doctors appt for me and them we hit up Krispy Kreme for their heart shaped doughnuts. Heaven.


That night I made pioneer woman's lasagna for my men and garlic bread. It is the best lasagna ever. Seriously. I decorated the table for fun and Fin and I squeezed juice boxes into wine glasses for everyone because we're classy like that.





One sweet moment of the day was I was sitting making my grocery list and Fin came up to me and said, "would you be so happy if you were making your grocery list and I slipped it out of your hand and slipped a Valentines card I hade made for you into your hand as a surprise?". I smiled and said I would and then Fin paused and tried to say all nonchalantly, "hey mom, can I have a pen and paper". Ha! He's nothing if not subtle. Five minutes later he slipped this into my hand.


Cole also told me today he loves me "1,2,3,4" which I choose to believe means he loves me 1,2,3,4 thousand years. You're too kind Cole.

Great day with my boys and can't wait to have some one on one time with my main boy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment