Monday, August 19, 2013

Lilah's Four Months


Sweet baby girl is four, almost five months old now. We had her four month appointment with Dr. Steele and the short version is that she's not starving to death. The long version is that she is 19 lbs, 12 oz and has grown 6 inches in 4 months so she's now 27 1/2 inches long. Shes off the charts in everything. In the last month though I have noticed her losing some of her chubs. I hope she doesn't thin out too quickly though because right now she is head to toe kissable with her soft baby rolls.


Right now she rolls over whenever she is naked. She loves her playmat and her bouncy seat and her all time favorite things are her linkydoos. They hang in her crib, on her mat, bouncy seat and car seat.



She lights.up. when she sees her daddy and if she even hears my voice she will crane and flip her body everywhere trying to see me. We are best friends. She smiles at any and everything and has shown no temper whatsoever. She is easily entertained and honestly is just the most easy going thing to take around with us everywhere. If she gets sleepy while we are out she just takes a quick cat nap in the stroller or carseat and is good to go again. She loves being worn in the carrier and rests with her head on my chest just looking around at everything while I sniff her baby head a million times.
Here she is scratching her brothers head. Fin cuddles with her all the time.


Her one achilles heal is she gets up in the night now, whereas up until 3 months she slept through the night. I can't say I'm surprised, she is a Stephenson baby after all. It doesn't bother me too much but it has made it a little harder not being grumpy in the mornings when I wake up weary from not a lot of sleep. Overall I'm surprised at how normal I can feel and function with so little sleep and I know this is all temporary.
This girl has all of our hearts. My favorite is when I scoop her up and she puts her little soft baby hands around my neck and nuzzles into my neck to smell me. Or when I'm lying next to her in bed in the morning and she is just bursting with smiles at me and twisting her whole body to snuggle closer to mine.
All of my babies make my heart burst with gratitude for how blessed I am. Nothing makes my heart overflow more with pure thanks to The Lord then when I'm nursing Lilah and she's asleep curled into me. God has truly given me my dream.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment