Friday, July 29, 2011

Hazing: Mama style

So Baby Cole went from a snotty nose on Monday to fever-snotty nose-Mama can we see each other every hour of the night? Friday, so we made a little visit to the doctor today. I LOVE my pediatrician. He was my pediatrician, he knows my family and I love him. End of story. Except it's not because in order to get to see my lovely pediatrician I go through hazing. Every. time.
    So we get in, sign in quickly and sit in their lovely spacious waiting room. There are toys galore (which the boys are not allowed to even look at because hello? germs much?), lovely windows with tons of natural light and two tvs that play Toy Story 3 non stop. Basically Fin wants to live there. Wouldn't you?
So we typically sit there for about 5 minutes before a cheerful nurse calls us back to our room. Which is about 5 ftx5ft. And has no windows. And then we wait...
I swear they put us in there and immediately shut off the air conditioning. EVERY TIME we go we have to sit in that little tiny room for at least 20 minutes and it's horrible. Both boys are bored to death and couped up and we just sit there and listen to a million screaming kids receiving shots. It's like chinese water torture.
To pass the time I spin them on the doctor's stool and throw cotton balls and tongue depressors at them. Yes, I do firmly believe in getting my co-pays worth :o)
Do you see the space with which I have to work with?

Right when we typically reach our turning point where Fin is banging on the walls, we're all sweating and Cole wants to nurse out of boredom then we hear that welcome "knock knock" on the door and my hero Dr. Steel walks in. We love him but the whole experiance is enough to make me want to treat my kids' illnesses old school with a good healthy dose of leeches and castor oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment