Monday, April 23, 2012

Thankful Monday

Going into this week, it'll probably be as nutso as the last several have been. Pat's in busy season at work which means he is working looooooong hours so it's mostly the boys and I. We miss him but we're very proud of how hard he works for us! Starting out the week on a thankful note...
I'm thankful for these sweet roses from my mom's garden. Her roses are UNBELIEVABLE so far this year, I've never seen them flourish so well.

Thankful for Fin making me laugh over his ridiculousness. I was playing 'Draw Something' and he was begging me to let him draw. So I did and told him to draw the word "beer". This is what he came up with.
Seized the opportunity to tell him that is what your head feels like if you drink too many beers :o)

Thankful for this goofball, even though he is getting so big. He's officially weaned, at 19 months, and we both had a hard time with it. We went from wake up in the morning with sweet cuddle/nursing time to him waking up SO mad b/c he wasn't getting num nums. It's been sad to deny him, but as my friend Jamie pointed out, at some point it's gotta be done, otherwise I'll still be nursing him right before he walks down the aisle on his wedding day :o) NO, I do not have attachment issues. Maybe a little.

Another thankful is for Sonic's lemonberry slush. Holy Cow that's good stuff. It tastes like Red Robins strawberry lemonade and has frozen strawberries mixed in. I'm in love. And the free coupons keep piling up for free drinks. Also, they know me so well there now that half the time they just give me my drink for free without even a coupon. Being relational has it's benefits :o)

Grateful for all of these little things this morning, and most especially that the sun is shining so we can go play outside. I am NOT however grateful for whatever creature is eating all my yellow flowers to bits. It is so weird, but he/she/it is only destroying the yellow ones. That's just prejudice and I won't stand for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment