Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day Bonanza 2012

We celebrated Fathers day all weekend long. And what a blessing to have such great men in our lives to have a reason to celebrate!
Friday night we hung out at Pat's parents apartment pool. Pat got his workout pulling the kids around on a giant raft while he ran through the water. Resistance training. What a great dad.

Cole doesn't put his toe in water that is not bath water temperature, thankyouverymuch. So he spent his evening hovering at the edge and pushing a raft in the pool.


Fathers day morning we patiently (hmm) waited to wake daddy up. Fin and I and Cole made a card tracing handprints and Fin listed his favorite things about dad. Then Fin wanted to give Pat an old Skynyrd cd that actually was coincidentally Pat's cd that he gave Fin. It's the gift that keeps on giving.


After we made Pat breakfast of coffee, sausage, omelet and mini muffins, we headed to Hemlock Bluffs to go hiking and running. Pat ran one way on the trail, I hiked the other way with the boys and then he met up with us halfway through. It was a beautiful cool morning.
Pat was stretching beforehand and Fin decided he needed to too.


Leaves...they never get old to boys.



Me and the boys. Love that Cole still loves the backpack. I kept hearing "Hi mama" softly in my ear the whole time.

The next 2 were taken by Fin. He gave Pat a stick and said, "pretend it's a sword".


He gave me a stick and I had to pretend it was a toothbrush.






Cole walking the path less chosen. Ha!

So we had a great day as our little family and then in the evening met up with my family at a park to celebrate my dad.

Fin played with this faucet non-stop.


Pops and Fin

A little froggy friend joined us on our ventures.



God has blessed us with great fathers and blessed me especially with an amazing father to my children. Couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment