Thursday, June 21, 2012

To Market, To Market

While I don't enjoy grocery shopping for the most part, I do enjoy the ritual the boys and I have created on our grocery shopping day.
Every Thursday morning we impatiently wait for the store to open at 7am (oy). At about 5 till, I load the boys up in the stroller, jammies on and all. We grab our cloth bags and head out. I love walking early morning b/c it's slightly cool, the birds are crazy that time of day, and we usually see some baby bunnies on our route. We stop to get our cash out for our grocery and gas budget for the week at a local Cashpoint and then we head into Food Lion. We're usually the only ones in the store at that time of day (shocker) and all the employees know the boys and I by now.

Once we get to the store, Fin's allowed to get out and walk beside me and I use his seat and the big basket under to load up on groceries. I would have taken pictures in the store but I usually shop at a sprint, pushing the double stroller, while trying to keep a running total in my head of how much everything costs so I don't go over budget.
Fin loves getting to walk home alongside me. It's only about a half mile and he usually has his teddy in one hand and a random object in another. In this case it's a bandana.
Check out his shadow. We decided it was longer then daddy was tall.

Cole and the groceries. Notice diapers resting on top and Milk resting on the step on the bottom. We max out our space. There may have been a time or two that Cole has had a paper towel roll on his lap, I can't rightly say.


My view.

Fin uses his "super boy power" to climb this big grassy hill and walk alongside me.


My "sunflower" Fin picked for me. He ALWAYS finds me flowers and brings them to me anytime we are outside. I love his sweet heart.

We always treat ourselves to some sort of $2 breakfast from the grocery store on our grocery mornings. This morning it was powdered mini doughnuts. We find that we (I) operate best on the reward system.

While it can be a little stressful juggling both in the store, I actually look forward to our Thursday mornings. Probably because it means I'll have more in my pantry then a box of rice and half a banana :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment