Thursday, June 14, 2012

Living the Dream

Before I start this post I'd like to say that my iphone camera lens has fractured. And I'm SO so sad about it. It still takes a picture but it is so fuzzy and I have to run it through a filter and lighten it up to get it to be somewhat decent. And this is my only source of digital camera to record things so I'm doubly sad. Have I mentioned I'm sad? Moving on...
Fin spent the night at Aunt Sarahs last night and basically went to Disney World for the night. They took Nanny flowers as a surprise, Ate at her house, then drove out to get icecream with Aunt nicole. Can you get a cooler Aunt than that?
Pat and I wanted to use the oppourtinity to love on Cole since he rarely (ever?) gets one on one attention from both of us at the same time. He's not deprived or anything, but we wanted to make him feel special. After the gym, Pat met Cole and I at a mexican restaurant. There was much sugar packet shuffling, honking of noses, and dipping entire hands in sour cream.

Can you tell he ate up the attention? (Blurry picture get out of my life).

After dinner we went to the dollar tree and let Cole pick out a new ball. I also needed a need bathroom trashcan. BEST.2.dollars.ever.spent. Enter Cole putting a ball in a trashcan for the rest of the night and the entire next morning. It never got old.
After we put Cole down, we Facetimed with Fin. When he popped up on the screen I laughed out loud. Sarah had dressed him wrapped in a scarf and he was drinking juice out of a wine glass. SO so funny. He looked like he was hosting Masterpiece theater. He was giddy excited to tell us about his night. Also, his face is even cuter on Facetime.




Cole with his ball, trashcan and marbles. A boys best friend. He kept popping into Fin's room saying, "Minley??" which I thought was so sweet. The boys were happy to be reunited and I got my Fin boy back.
It was a blessed time for both my boys and OMG is it quiet with just one around the house. Not good quiet though. I'm used to having a running dialogue of everything we are or will be doing. The silence was deafening.

No comments:

Post a Comment