Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting it out of our system

This guy...
 was sick as a dog today. He started out the day fine until I looked over at him early morning and he was covered in throw up. Always in denial, I figured maybe he ate a stale cherrio or something and it didn't agree with him. 30 minutes later in the car and I received his message loud and clear. All of a sudden Fin started yelling, "Coley's throwing up" and I looked back to see a fine display of spewage. Really, the distance was impressive. So I'm driving with my left hand, trying to wipe Cole down with his spare sweatshirt with my right and then I start hearing Fin gag. Much like his father, Fin is a sympathetic thrower upper. The smell gets to him.
 "Don't you dare!" I shrieked. "Breathe deep...no not through your nose that's just going to make it worse!!....look out the window....look at your book...keep breathing".
We survived that incident and spent the rest of the day alternating between throwing up and lots of baths.
Fin was very jealous of Cole's baths and insisted everytime of sticking his feet in to "Wash those stinky things" in his words.


Fin ever so helpfully also decided to talk a half hour nap today. Chalking it up to one of "those" days, I put in the movie 'Up' and we cuddled on the couch. He was hysterical when the boyscout was climbing on the old mans head and I had to capture it. He was laughing so hard it made me laugh. Sidenote: That cup has water in it. Not that anyone cares but I don't feed my child soda in a Bojangles cup. Sidenote 2: My sweet friend Jess blessed me by bringing me lunch in the midst of my hectic day. Thank goodness she gets that I"m a stress eater.

After short naps (did I mention they were short?), I took the boys outside for a change of scenery. I dragged out their dump trucks and told them to clean up the yard of all the leaves. Ha! I did feel a little guilty at the impossible task but they loved it.
Coley pondered his strategy.


Pat got home and raked all the leaves into a huge pile which he and Fin raced to about a million times.

The rest of my day was spent soothing our bear. How sad are sick babies? The only upside is the extra cuddles you get but I hope he feels better tomorrow so we can get out of this house. At least this did not happen Thanksgiving week *knockonwoodnoI'mnotsuperstitiousbutI'mdoingitanyways*.

No comments:

Post a Comment