Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Peace.Filled.

This afternoon we had a suprising pleasant and peaceful time. I say suprising because it was my self-imposed cleaning day and I usually dread this chore more then I dread my 6am wake up time.
I don't dread it because of cleaning, I actually don't mind that because it's so rewarding to get my little nest in order. I dread it because of my little helpers that come with the cleaning time.
Days I deep clean (which are not very frequent :o) usually find me scrubbing floors on my hands and knees while Fin tackles me from behind like a football player. While I fight him off, Cole is desperately trying to sneak his way onto the wet floor where he will inevitable wipe out and then cry and smell like bleach. Really, it's more fun then it sounds!
But today, the stars aligned. Today I cleaned with all the windows open in the house and the cd player softly playing kids music. As I moved from room to room, it was so quiet and enjoyable scrubbing while I heard the boys babbling throughout the house. 
Fin was happily painting at the kitchen table (sans pants of course). He feels that pants restrict his creativity. We'll have to work through this issue before he has art class at school.

Cole flitted between walking around on the deck and peeling leaves off of his bare feet...

...and pulling all the cotton balls out onto the floor.

Pre-kids, I would have seen a baby with a bag of cotton balls and groaned at the mess. I was actually excited when I saw Cole had gotten into this because I thought, "Score! This will buy me at least 15 minutes of peace".
After the house was cleaned and the boys placed nicely, we rewarded ourselves by raking leaves outside.
It was such a gift for a chores day to turn into an enjoyable experiance. It doesn't inspire me to want to clean everyday though. That's just crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment