Sunday, November 20, 2011

We're alive...barely

Oh my gracious.
I read the last post and I just want to go back in time and yell,"Run! Get out! Run for your life you fool, you have no idea what's coming!".
Needless to say, Cole only got sicker, not better. He became sicker then sick with the stomach flu and ear infection. He threw up constantly, had a fever no lower then 102 degrees for three days straight, and ended up in the hospital on day three to receive IV fluids because he was so listless and lethargic.


On top of that, Pat got the stomach flu as well Thursday night. This thing is brutal! It doesn't just knock you down; it flattens you and kicks you repeatedly and then stomps on your face. There was no sleep to be had for 4 days straight. I can safely say I have been thrown up and pooped on more then 10 times in the past few days. I have a horror story from the pediatricians office that if you heard you might reconsider becoming a parent.
I'm so grateful that today, day 5, Cole woke up feeling cool to the touch. His fever had broken for the first time! He's acting alert and walking around babbling and boy is he grumpy! But he's better so I can't complain.
So in the spirit of this week I'm thankful for...
-family that helped care for Fin when Cole was so very sick.
-friends that dropped by food and encouragement.
-Tylenol suppositories. Cole got to the point where he refused all medicine orally and we had no way to get his fever down!
-caring doctors and nursing staff.
-that it's over and the Lord protected Fin and I from getting sick.

1 comment:

  1. GIRL! I am so sorry you had to go through that! Thank the Lord it's over, but that sounds seriously rough :( your poor little man. and poor mama with all that bodily fluid and clean up. ps. I'm obsessed with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete