Friday, November 4, 2011

Tonight.

Tonight there was an akward waltz with Cole as I tried to cook dinner with him hanging on my legs. There was stirfry and yogurt and "eat two more bites and you can get down...no that wasn't two". There were sighs at messes and cramming every.last.dish. into the dishwasher so nothing had to be handwashed.
Tonight there was a coughing fit that ended in me covered in throw up. There was bath time and bubbles and rubber duckies wearing sunglasses. There was "Do I have to wash my hair tonight?" and "Yes, ALWAYS".
Tonight there was Pat suprising Fin after bath with a bed of towels by the fire.
There was sitting back to the fire until you feel like you're burning and then running to dad to have him feel your back. There was a toddler hollering while jammies were being put on then smiles as soon as it was done. There were open mouth baby kisses and rocking to sleep with the humidifier on.
    Tonight there was sneaking out ALONE to the grocery store to do the weeks shopping. There was great self control walking past the donut section. There was trying to carry all the bags in from the car at once and feeling like my fingers were falling off.
    Tonight there was creeping into Fin's room as he's falling asleep to whisper that I bought him chocolate milk. There was "can I have a hug and a kiss and a hug and a kiss and a hug and a kiss?" and snuggles.
    Tonight there was sitting on the floor with Pat dipping apples in caramel and watching our shows. And there was quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment