Monday, May 7, 2012

Ballers be Ballin'

The joke of our getaway weekend was, "We are serious Ballers". By ballers we meant, "look at us, out on the town past 8pm, sitting at this table without a highchair, without a stroller or a care in the world". We were high-rollers, and we were very aware of our coolness.
Friday night after our Canopy Tour we ate at this awesome restaurant that overlooked the city.
We loved that our hotel was in the middle of the city so we could walk everywhere and there were a million restaurants to choose from.

While we were away, the boys were having a blast and my parents were kind enough to send texts of them to us throughout the weekend.
Here's Coley pink cheeked at Pullen Park.

Someones too big for this boat.

Cole raising the roof because mom and dad are gone.

Saturday night we got to meet up with my best friend Jenni and her husband. This was a highlight for me to get to spend time with them. We LOVE them and had such a good time catching up at a cute little restaurant. Then, because Jenni gets me, they took us to an awesome French bakery for a little late night deliciousness.

Love this girl. So grateful for our frienship over the years. And to think it all began over a little movie called 'Finding Nemo'.

One of the sweetest things of the weekend was as we were dropping the boys off and I was teary eyed, my dad picked a rose for me from my moms garden and told me to go enjoy myself and relax. So I kept that little rose and put it in a little vase in our hotel room and I loved it.
Now it's back to life, back to reality and I couldn't be happier. My chicks are back in the nest, the laundry is coming out of my ears and there are ants on my counter. Life as I love it...minus the laundry and ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment