Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Down on the Farm

We had the BEST day yesterday. Jamie took us to her parents farm which is basically heaven on earth with lots of animals to feed, baby chicks to hold and the most beautiful country house with a playroom full of toys. Seriously, that house made me want to take a nap as soon as I walked in, which is the highest compliment I can give. It was just so airy and cool.
The kids took turns on the tire swing which made them look so big to me!


Fin bonding with the goats. He Looooved the animals. I thought Cole would be more daring but he was content to sit on my hip and touch everything with one little finger.


Feeding the Goats. Lesson from Jamie: Goats are gentle but dumb as rocks.

Coming face to face with Mr. Ed.

My flower child. Cole's favorite part was picking wildflowers.

Cole was so taken with the roosters and chickens. He kept staring them down and everytime they crowed he looked at me with huge eyes and said, "WHOA" so solemnly. It was too cute. Poor Zeke tried to get up close and personal with them and a rooster bit the tip of his finger. Lesson: Fingers look like worms.

Jamie was so sweet and took Fin back to the nests to gather eggs. He told me before naps that his favorite part of the day was, "Picking eggs with Ms. Jamie except that weird black cow horse kept looking at me kinda funny and it was making me nervous". It was just a little black pony but that cracked me up.

Farm boys heading in from working in the fields all morning. I can dream can't I?

Love.This.

When the kids were thoroughly hot and sweaty, we ate fresh eggs, honey toast and watermelon. Then when things started looking like this:
we headed home. AND I slept 2 1/2 hours (whoops!), Fin slept 3, and Cole slept 3 1/2 hours for naps. So basically it was the best day ever. Can't wait to go back...maybe without kids...and I'll just take a nap on the sunroom porch. That wouldn't be weird at all.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had fun. You are all welcome any time.

    ReplyDelete