Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Keeping on my toes

Ok everyone thinks their kids are cute. And they are. But mine aren't just cute, they are funny. There is not a day that goes by that they don't suprise me with what comes out of their mouths. A few gems lately...

-We've had a problem with Fin getting out of bed after we put him down. We put him to bed, remind him not to get out, and without fail we hear his door creak open sometime in the next half hour. He always comes out with a nervous smile on his face and then immediately launches into his speech that he says everytime..."Guys, I KNOW I'm not supposed to get out of bed. I know that. It's just that..." Fill in blank with "my neck itches", "I might need to poop", "You didn't give me enough milk at dinner time", or his uncreative "I feel sick" which we now respond to saying unless he's throwing up everywhere, he needs to stay in bed. We're so sympathetic. Let it be known also that while I launch into my bad cop/strict parent routine, Pat usually is sitting next to me with arms open inviting him to snuggle until the next commercial. Softie.

-The other night I was putting Fin to bed and since I knew he might get out, I told him to stay in bed and that we would be out in the backyard by the fire pit with our next door neighbors. I just didn't want him to freak out if he came out and thought his parents were gone. Fin immediately got SUCH a hurt look on his face and said, "Why are you doing this? Why are you having a fire party without me? I just want us to be a family together!".
Dramatic much? My son much?

-Cole pooped on our carpet today right before bathtime (I know totally gross) (also why I don't feel a need for a dog). He came up to me with the guiltiest look on his face and said, "I poop" I asked him if he pooped and he said again, "I poop. NO NO" in a stern voice like he was correcting himself. I went to see the damage and exclaimed, "O gross Cole!!" not knowing that he was right behind me and he responded in this high pitch southern belle sounding voice, "I knooooow". What a goober. I see potty training coming soon. Fin was trained at 18 months and I feel behind the eight ball with Cole being 20 months.

-I showed Fin a picture of himself bowling on my iphone and he's said, "Wow that's hot! Mom, do you know what hot means? It means really cool". I'm 27 and my son is schooling me on coolness. This day came too soon.

-Fin is obsessed with wearing his superman cape most places these days. The other day he was outside with Pat when he ran in distressed. "Mom this is SO embarrassing. My cape just came off and now everyone knows who I really am". Love. Him.

-Sweet Moment: The boys fell asleep together in the car and I loved my little buddies together.

No comments:

Post a Comment