Sunday, May 6, 2012

Swinging from the Tree Tops

This weekend Pat and I left the boys for the first time and took a little weekend trip to Charlotte. Why Charlotte? Well, if I had to go anywhere further then 3 hours away from the boys, I probably would have had a full blown panic attack. Also, I heard about a place there where we could go on Canopy Tours which has been on my Bucket List of things to do.
We dropped off the boys early Friday morning, I shed a few tears, reminded myself that hello my mom raised 7 kids and they'll be fine, and Pat and I headed out. We giddily stopped at a Cracker Barrel on the way and ate at a table with no highchairs. We're crazy like that.
The day was GORGEOUS and the whitewater rafting center was so cool. We spent some time just walking around.

Let me tell you, until you spend your days chasing after nutso boys, you will never fully appreciate just sitting in the sun with your husband and having a leisurely conversation.

Soon it was time to suit up with these sexy helmets.

And these form fitting harnesses. 4 hours staring at this sexy wedgie, amen.

How amazing is this zipline? Such a rush.

Along with ziplining 60 feet up, we also got to repel and climb rope bridges. It was so fun to be so active.

These rope bridges...Scary? Yes, but doable. If your husband makes it rock back and forth while you're hanging on for dear life? Not doable. So much for bonding time...I kept threatening him to remember who he was going home with at the end of the night.

3 hours in....sexy wedgie still going strong.

Oh, hey Tarzan.

No one told me about the 50 ft. free fall at the end. Pat caught my face right before I had to jump.


We survived! And had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment