Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Here in the Stephenson household, we have a pretty strict beautification process. My mornings getting ready usually consist of me throwing a t-shirt in the dryer to de-wrinkle while I take a quick shower and shave one leg before Cole finds me and becomes mortally offended that I would dare take any "me" time.
After I'm dressed, Fin usually begs to brush my hair. This is me getting the royal treatment.
I would be mortified at that dirty mirror except I actually clean it a lot. My little hoodlums just love to stare adoringly at themselves and sometimes give themselves kisses in the mirror. I'll take those kind of marks anyday.
While Fin brushes my hair, he also wanted to wet it with his Cars washcloth so that's why I look like I"m wearing a yamaka. Also for some reason he always brushes my hair straight down in my eyes. Amidst all this, Cole planted himself in my lap to try to put Fin's flip flop on his own foot.
And that my friends, is why I look the way I do in the mornings. Take it or leave it :o)

Fin has his own beautification process. Lately he's been stroking his chin in the morning and saying thoughtfully, "Hmmm I think I have a little peach fuzz going on here". Then he beeegggggs to shave. Here Aunt Cait is assisting this coming of age process. 


Smooth as a baby's bottom. Cole's beautification process basically consists of smearing yogurt on his face and hair and then loudly protesting when I try to wipe him down. It's messy, but it works for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment