Saturday, June 18, 2011

The camp experiance in 6 hours or less



Have I mentioned that I am NOT a camper? Like I went to camp when I was in 6th grade, lasted a day and a half and my sweet poor mother had to drive 4 hours back into the mountains to pick me up at camp. But seriously, if she hadn't I would have walked home, I hated it that much.
So anyways, all of my sisters have worked at Camp Willow Run. It's a beautiful Christian camp on Lake Gaston where the campers stay in box cars. Pat and I loaded up the boys today and drove 2 hours to visit my sisters Anna and Kiersten who are working there this summer. Fin was in HEAVEN. We swam in the lake, jumped off of life guard stands, canoed, and did a high ropes course.
Pat and I had never done high ropes before. Kiersten and Anna set it up for us and we climbed through the tree tops while Fin and Cole sat in the stroller and watched. It was a little terrifying. The scariest part was the end where you have to jump backwards from a platform thirty feet up in the air and free fall until the slack on your rope kicks in. I was so scared. I tried to get Kier to send Cole up in a pulley basket so I could nurse him one last time before I died but she vetoed that.  Anna said a quick, sweet prayer for me before I jumped and then PUSHED.ME.OFF. If looks could kill, Anna would no longer be with us.
She says its because she knew I would have a hard time jumping on my own. I say it's because I made fun of her when she was eight b/c she still refused to cut her own meat.
It was such a fun day and just another day that reminds me of how grateful I am for 5 best friends in my sisters. Well...four now. Anna did push me.

No comments:

Post a Comment