Friday, June 3, 2011

More or Less

Can I just say how much I love summer? I mean I luuurve it. Even more than sleep, which is saying a lot! It's like the second it becomes so hot that rainbows on your feet are a must and sunscreen in your purse is a necessity, my Becca returns to me. You know, the Becca that winter stole from me, that's right I said stole! This is a little view into what we've been up to this week... Every morning we fill our water bottles and head out. We usually stop at the Y first to get a quick workout in before we head to the library or the park. It's usually air conditioning or cool water for me these days...Mama don't like to sweat! This is Fin's secret reading corner that he made behind the couch. He LOVES going to the library and bringing his books back there. I so want him to love reading as much as I do and he seems to so far. We've done a little less playing puzzles inside and a little more playing in dirt outside. We cheered Pat on at his bball game. Fin cared less about them losing and more about whether that meant we were still getting milkshakes after the game. A man after my own heart. We took less bubble bath tubbies in the evenings and more quick showers at the pool. We spent less time concentrating on getting the kids in bed by their 7:30 bedtime, and more time learning to catch fireflys. Fin was so proud of his new buddy but it must be noted that after I took this picture he quickly opened up the little gas tank door of my car, stuffed his new friend in and slammed the little door shut...before I could blink. Poor guy didn't stand a chance. Cole was less then impressed with catching bugs...until he discovered how good grass tastes. There is nothing sweeter to me then two scrubbed, tired boys wearing matching cookie monster pajamas.
O how I love the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment