Friday, June 24, 2011

The stuff nightmares are made of

Last night at 4am I woke up to hear a child wailing. Having already been up a couple of times with Cole I assumed it was him until I realized it was Fin crying. I hurried/stumbled into his room and this is how our conversation went...
Me: Bud what's wrong? Did you fall out of bed or have a nightmare?
Fin between sobs: Do you remember when we were at the restaurant and there were two brownies on the table and you ATE them all and Daddy and I had none?
Me: WHAT? That never happened Fin.
Fin, still sobbing: YES IT DID! And that's why I'm crying. Don't do that Mom. Next time share and let Daddy and I have a brownie. Don't eat them all.
Me (slightly irritated, slightly amused): Ok bud, fine. I'm sorry for eating all the brownies. Now go to sleep.

It must be noted that this even never happened. For honesty's sake though it must also be noted that sadly, I'm not above doing this. I'm a pretty good sharer but not when it comes to chocolate. It cracked me up that most children have nightmares about monsters or snakes and my child has nightmares about me stealing his chocolate. I'm either doing something right or something very wrong :o) Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment