Monday, June 27, 2011

Keeper

Pat and Fin went on their first man date this weekend to see Cars 2. I was not invited. Fin was so excited and made sure to tell Pat that they needed popcorn, candy and drinks. He's definitely my son. Too bad I was not invited to partake of said refreshments. Pat said he was so cute and looked like such a big boy sitting there taking it all in. Did I mention I was not invited? :o)

Cole and I amused ourselves by shopping for ant poison and beach towels. We know how to partaaay. 

Can I just brag about Pat for a minute? He is the most amazing dad. He takes being the leader of our family seriously but has a great balance of being the disciplinarian yet fun dad at the same time. The second he walks in the door from work he throws his stuff down and starts wrestling with Fin. He also cracks me up daily.
I've been trying to get Cole to go to sleep on his own lately. Pat fully supports that...until Cole starts to cry. The other day Cole started fussing for maybe 2 minutes and Pat said he was going in to comfort him. "Ok, but DON"T pick him up!", I yelled skeptically after him. A few moments later I see Cole's little head peering around the corner six feet high as a little squeaky voice says, "Mama, we don't want to sleep". Thanks Pat for the support! He also went in his room last night as Cole was fussing. When it became silent I figured he got him to sleep...until I heard a Xylophone. Yes you heard me right. I walked down the hall to see Cole's light on. When I opened the door I saw the two of them banging away on Cole's alligator xylophone. Pat had unplugged the monitor so I wouldn't know they were playing. They both looked so guilty when I peeked in, I couldn't get mad,
When I married Pat, I married him for his sense of humor, his faith, and for the genuine good man that he is. Everyone loves him. I saw a glimmer of the type of father he would be and that excited me. He has far exceeded my expectations and I thank God for him daily. I don't know why I'm so blessed but at least I don't take it for granted!
End of sappy post :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment