Thursday, June 16, 2011

Flava Faves

Ok so I always love to see other peoples favorite things on their blogs so I thought I'd put up a few of my own.
This lotion I love.love.love. We all use it. I slather it on the babies after their baths, Pat uses it in the winter when he's outside a lot and I use it daily. It is the best moisterizer that I've ever found and has a nice light clean scent to it. It kind of reminds me of the Oil of Olay that my mom used growing up which always brings back nice memories!

This perfume scent my mother in law gifted me with a few Christmas's ago and I LOVE it. It has such a sweet feminine scent to it that's not too overpowering. The only down side is it's a leeetle pricey and I've only found it at Ulta to buy, but luckily my sweet mother in law has given me the perfume or bubble bath as a Christmas or birthday gift on a regular basis which I love her for.


I'm a huge Trader Joe's fan. I'm also a huge guacamole fan. Enter my new best friend. I LOVE this guacamole dip. It's my favorite that I've ever tasted, including any I've had in restaurants. I could eat the whole package if it wasn't for those pesky little serving sizes on the side of the box. Curse you.

This is another Trader Joe's favorite of mine. I've never been a big pre-popped popcorn fan but I love this popcorn. It's sweet, salty and super low calorie. I love it. Unfortunately so do Pat and Fin so I tend to hide it. For most women this would be someplace up high. Seeing as my husband is 6'7" I go for the down low places. I like to roll with the punches :o)

Alright I'm about to make your day. So I never really ate at Sonic before we moved to one within walking distance. I stilll rarely eat there but their drinks...O my. My favorites are their diet vanilla coke and their raspberry sweet tea. So there are a couple things you should know...1) Every day from 2-4pm is Happy Hour there where all drinks are half off. 2) When you buy something, look at the bottom of your receipt. 90% of the time it will say your get a free 64 ounce drink if you take a quick survey. The survey takes like 2 minutes and then you get to cash in your free drink. The clincher is that when you get your free drink they give you another receipt for $0.00 with ANOTHER free drink offer at the bottom. And the cyle continues. I go to Sonic all the time and rarely ever have to buy a drink. I also ask for a spare cup to pour some of my free drink into so that Fin or Pat or both have a drink of their own. I like to exploit the system as much as possible. This may or may not embarass Pat but I tell him not to bite the hand that hydrates him. And then I laugh at my own wittiness.

So "these are a few of my favorite things". And now I must go watch Sound of Music and sew myself a dress out of curtains.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post!! great idea! may need to copy it next week :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see that curtain dress... I'm sure you've been working hard on it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm obsessed with you and your hilarious blog. and also, i am going to sonic every day for the rest of my life. that's awesome, how have i never noticed the freeness?

    ReplyDelete