Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chores and Chocolate

Weekend Recap: It was the best of times, it was the chorest of times, it ended in peanut butter fudge.
Saturday started with Nicole hosting some of the sibs for brunch. Little suzie homemaker cooked for us AND gave us appetizers of Krispy Kreme donuts with Nutella on top. Thank goodness I'm related to her.



Then all of Saturday was spent steam cleaning our carpets which was a little tricky with little ones running at the vacuum like it's a bull fight the whole time.

When they weren't standing in the direct path of the vacuum or walking on the soaking wet floors, they climbed the couches like monkeys.

Not gonna lie, Saturday ended with some grumps. We'd been in the house cleaning most of the day, I'd attended a funeral earlier, and the boys were stir crazy. I was supposed to cook but I REALLY did not want to and was subtle about it by saying things like,"well I GUESS I can make stir fry, but I'm really not in the mood for it, and I really don't want to cook, but I'll make it if you really want...".
Needless to say, we ended up at Chikfila that night and came home to this sweet suprise on our door from our neighbors.

And these sweet treats in a package.
 Not a bad way to end a day. Add in valentines treats from my mom and we were happy campers.

Sunday we woke up to a clean house, a great church service and fantastic naps afterwards.
Then Aunt Sarah watched the boys while Pat and I went on a Valentines date.
I LOVED that my diet coke was served in these mason jars. It's the little things.
And while the cats away, the mice will play. Yes that's ice cream in the bathtub.
Busy but blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment