Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunny Days

We had the most beautiful week this past week full of pure sunshine and warmth. I told the boys there would be no tv and we would live outside from sun up to sun down soaking in the sun. And by golly, we did.
Cole helped me stock up the fire pit by helpfully taking out any stick I put in and throwing it back into the woods.

Fin also was a help by dragging out ginormous sticks that had about 836 potential sharp edges for stabbing people in their eyeballs.

One of my favorite things about where we live is we can walk to our local grocery store. I love to load up the boys in the wagon, walk to the store, let them pick out a snack to share, and tote our groceries home.

Give this boy a ball and a truck and you've basically given him the moon.

Unfortunately it wasn't all play. Fin did have to go to work some at the ol' Tractor Beaver Hump.

One night Pat took Fin out to get some snacks at Trader Joes. While they're gone, my phone starts ringing that someone wants to do Facetime. Lo and behold, Fins little face pops up. The boys thought it would be HILARIOUS to Facetime me from the driveway. Fin seriously loved it.

The boys brought back Trader Joe's treats for me :o) Perfect ending to a day.

And one of my favorite gems for the week. Kiersten kindly babysat for us AND left her scarf that I love by accident. Win-Win. I sent her a ransom photo. Hello pretty pretty scarf I will now wear to church.
Don't think I take this weather in February (!) for granted. But now that I've gotten a taste for it, I find any temperature under 60 degrees unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment