Thursday, February 9, 2012

crazy craze

Soo...I know it's been a week. And I have gotten emails from people asking if I was dead, including my dad :o) But this past week has been nutso. It started with Cole coming down with pneumonia and having a 104 fever for four days which was not fun times 10000.
Sick baby alternated from my arms to the tub...

To wailing in his highchair and not eating...

To conking out anywhere at any given time. So very sad.

So I had literally nothing to blog about besides, "Dear God someone please bring me some cookies and let me run out of the house screaming". I literally did not leave the house for 4 days except to go out in my backyard one night and have a bonfire with pat. And the freedom felt awesome people, let me tell you.


Thankfully, homeboy is back to his cute, healthy, crazy self. And I love that self. I loved the sick self as well but it just breaks my heart to see him so sick.

And then as soon as Cole got better, my friend Jamie unexpectedly delivered her baby and so this week I've had the joy of serving her and watching her daughter Annie some. Annie is the third musketeer to my crew and they are hilarious together. She fits right in and is our sweet feminine addition.
Her new brother Noah is under 4 lbs, is doing awesome and is literally the SWEETEST baby you have ever seen. He is just like a little baby bird. I'm pretty sure my uterus was glowing as I was able to touch his little fuzzy head in his incubator in the NICU. I can only imagine what will happen when I can actually hold him. I'm pretty sure my uterus will explode then. Let's just say too that I am NOT above stealing babies :o)
     Jamie is superwoman and has the best attitude about everything. We're praying with them that Noah will come home soon!
   And in the grand circle of life, my next door neighbor Cindy passed this morning from cancer. She fought a year and a half battle with it and I"m grateful she's at peace with our Lord. I am going to miss going over to visit her with the boys and our little chats. I was feeling sad this morning until I had to sit down and tell Fin that Ms. Cindy had passed. I was dreading this but his face immediately lit up and he said, "I'm so happy because Ms. Cindy is alive in heaven now with Jesus and has a new body". Floored me. He is SO right and why on earth am I mourning her here when she was in so much pain? Thanks be to God.

So that's our week in a nutshell basically except I'm leaving out that I ate eight (!) break and bake cookies last night and haven't done laundry in a week but I turn on my dryer everyday to get wrinkles out of clean clothes intending to fold them, and then they just lay there and wrinkle again. Life's too short for that junk :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment