Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lost in Translation

This morning we hit the ground running by the boys and I hitting up Great Clips and then heading out to North Hills to have lunch with my mom and sister. I've been aching for Thursday all week as I knew it was going to be 75 degrees and it is soooo beautiful outside.
     Driving home, I had to fight to keep the boys awake so they didn't ruin their naps. This is a common occurence if we're out driving anytime after 11, but I'm pretty much a pro at this point. I open and close windows, reach back and take off their sock and shoes and tickle their feet to keep them from dozing off.
    Despite my attempts, Cole's eyelids were very heavy when we were a minute from home. I instructed that when we got home, I was going to go in and lay Cole down, and Fin was to follow, go pee, and meet me in his room. Since things seem to go in one ear and out the other, I asked him to repeat the instructions back to me. With a grin he said, " Weed whack the grass and play outside with cars while you put baby Cole down". Stinker. I smothered a smile and repeated what he was supposed to do when we got home.
    As I was putting Cole down I hear a toilet lid slam, and then.....TWEET.....TWEET......TWEET. Homeboy had found a RECORDER while he was waiting for me. Obviously not a condusive noise to putting a baby to sleep.
      I got Cole down and marched to Fin's room to find him nowhere to be found. I did hear rustling in the living room though.  Upon entering the living room I found Fin lying in the middle of the floor with a recorder, his silky blanket, big smile on his face, eyelids fluttering while he attempted to pretend he'd fallen asleep. I poked him with my foot and he burst into giggles. I gave in and laughed at him, then followed it with a lecture on remembering to listen, and put him down.
He is such a little imp, but man is he cute. Some days it is like we are speaking a different language though.

No comments:

Post a Comment