Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sweet.Moments.

It has been a very sweet time in our family lately. Cole went from challenging to just a joy to be around and parenting has been dreamy lately (knockonwoodknockonwood).
     We tell the boys "I love you" all the time and Fin will say it spontaneously to us several times a day, but Cole usually just repeats it back to us. Today Pat was laying in bed with Cole stroking his hair and Cole looked up at him and said, "I wub you". Melt. my. heart. Then later when I was putting Cole in his crib for naps, he said it to me before I had a chance to say it to him. Made me want to squeeze him until his head popped off. He is just a butterball of cuteness right now.
     Tonight Pat was putting his shoes on to go to Starbucks and get some work done and Cole picked up on the fact that he was leaving and brought his own little shoes for Pat to put on him.
Then he went and laid next to the door. I guess in hopes Pat would pick him up on the way out.
Love those little baby legs so so much.

On another note: When I grew up I have this specific memory of my mom rocking me in a rocking chair in our first house. She was wearing her night gown and had baskets full of laundry at her feet. It was right before bed and I remember snuggling against her as she rocked me and talked to my dad. And I just vividly remember her smell. You know that soapy, skin, comforting mom smell. I love that memory.
Tonight I took a shower, threw on my pjs and was putting Fin down when he asked me to snuggle with him. I climbed in and we giggled about how it was snowing and he kept saying, "I heard it's snowing in Raleigh" which cracked me up because he has no idea where or what Raleigh is, he had just heard someone say that. So I kissed his cheeks, sniffed his head, said good night and as I was leaving and closing the door Fin shyly called out, "Mom...I love the way you smell". And it reminded me of how good and safe that mom smell is. And how omg I'm someones' mom (!).
And how much I love this job. Because I so very much do.

No comments:

Post a Comment