Thursday, October 4, 2012

And the beat goes on...

Whenever it's Christmas or birthdays, our boys are loved to the max with all of our extended family. Just because Cole's birthday was over with us, he still had many o' presents coming. Since my parents would be out of town for the family birthday get together, we went over to their house one night so they could give Coley his Little People Farm set. Love at first Oink people, love at first oink.

Cole is obsessed with animals and I loved that he would take each animal over to my dad and say, "LOOK POPS! It's a ___". And then my dad would gush over it and Cole would grab the next animal. I will say Fin did a very good job being the brother in this whole thing. It's not easy to stand by when your little brother gets a present basically anytime he sees someone and it's all stuff you are dying to play with. It didn't help that most of the time when Cole would unwrap something he would look over at Fin and say, "Mine, Fin". Original Sin at its best people.

Saturday morning I had my siblings over for brunch so they could see Cole. Pat took the boys to the Y while I cooked and cleaned and when they walked in I told Cole it was his Happy Birthday party and he immediately said, "Where balloons?". Fail.


A party is not a party unless you are dressed like a Ninja Turtle while your Aunts sing, "It's always a good time" to you.




Everyone loves the tiny leather baseball chair we have in the living room. It's the smallest chair but it may be our most comfortable :o)


Opening presents.


Methinks the giant dog Sarah gifted Cole was something she may actually want for herself.


Cole feel strongly he's the best present anyone could ever get.


After presents, while Pat and I started cleaning up, I noticed the Aunts took the dance party to our room where there was much jumping on the bed and dancing to pop music. I approve. Cole literally cried in his crib for 20 minutes when the dance party had to stop and he had to take a nap. He just kept sobbing, "no all done!" over and over. Way to leave on a high note, Aunts :o)


Sometimes it's hard to be this loved...



No comments:

Post a Comment