Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sugar and Spice

Soo I haven't blogged about the fact that we're having a girl yet. As in, not a boy. As in new territory.
And I'm not sure why it hasn't been blogged except for the fact that I've just been letting it sink it. To be honest, I thought there was zero percent chance we would have a girl. I know boys, we get boys, boys are us. So when we went into the ultrasound at 16 weeks and the technician said got the money shot, I just kept thinking, "where is the weiner? She needs to find the weiner". And then when she said, "It's a girl", I was floored. It felt kind of scary. I know boys...girls are new territory. It was neat having the boys there for that ultrasound. Fin was so excited when we got outside that he took off his Crocs, threw them in the air, and they immediately bounced down the rain gutter....gone forever. Good Memories son, good memories.
    So I just kind of let it sink in for the last few weeks, getting more excited for that sweet mother/daughter relationship and allowing it to feel more real. Still haven't bought anything girlish...I'm still working up to that.
We had another ultrasound today at almost 20 weeks and I told Pat going into it, "There is a 30% chance they will find a weiner today". Nope...Def still a girl. Sitting through the whole ultrasound with her head propped up on her hand.
      Fin was there with us while Jamie watched Cole and afterwards he and I went to Panera and gorged ourselves. I always do this after an appt b/c I figure I have a month to work it off before another weigh in. It was a special time with Fin, he always soaks up one on one time.



While we were out, Cole was having the time of his life at Jamie's. Love these little imps :o)


I am so so grateful that our little Lilah is healthy, growing right on schedule, and a girl! My mom is my best friend and so it makes the whole "raising a girl" thing a lot less scary when I think of the relationship I will hopefully have with her. Also, seriously...Pat with a little girl? Melt me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment